RESULTS - November 25th, 2019
Synergy from Edupoint scored first in the MSD of Warren Township SIS RFQ. Supporting documents can be found here:
MSD of Warren Township (MSDWT) has issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a Student Information System (SIS) seeking responses from highly qualified and experienced companies.
The RFQ consists of the following documents:
- MSD of Warren Township SIS RFQ
- MSDWT SIS RFQ - Attachment A - Application Requirements
- MSDWT SIS RFQ - Attachment B - References
- MSDWT SIS RFQ - Attachment C - Pricing
Requests for clarification of this RFQ and their responses will be posted here.
SIS RFQ Questions/Answers
September 9, 2019
Can you provide us some additional information or examples for these attendance methods?
- “System must be able to support the following types of attendance modes within the same school: meeting attendance; daily attendance; time-based attendance; interval attendance.”
- Meeting and interval are the same: periodic (period based). Time-based attendance is an option to measure other than “school days”. Daily attendance is Absent/Present for the day.
September 19, 2019
We understand MSDWT requires a system with different standards for each grade level. Regarding report cards, how many unique standards-based or board-approved custom elementary report cards does the district use or expect to use? An example of a unique card would be first grade report card based on performance standards in English, and an additional unique card would be first grade report card version in Spanish. If grade levels are combined, such as first and second grade, for example, then first/second in English would be one unique card, first/second in Spanish another unique card, etc.
- We currently have a standards based report card for KG - 4th grade that would need to be available in English and Spanish.
- We currently have a hybrid report card for 5th and 6th grade (traditional and standards based) that would need to be available in English and Spanish.
- We currently have a traditional report card for 7th - 12th grade that would need to be available in both English and Spanish.
How many years of data conversion from the Tyler system will be required?
All data stored in Tyler converted to the new system (12+ years)
Please confirm that the systems listed on Tab 10 of Attachment A make up the entire list of district systems to be integrated with the new SIS (there are no additional systems to integrate). If there are additional systems to be integrated with the new SIS, please list them.
- Versatrans Routing & Planning from Tyler Technologies
- DecisionEd Data Warehouse
- Alio HR and Finance from Weidenhammer
- MealsPlus food service from Linq
- Ed-Fi—IDOE is moving to this standard for state reporting
- Exporting capabilities compliant with the OneRoster standard
- Follett Destiny
This list represents examples of MSDWT systems and is not complete. Other applications are added and/or removed regularly so a complete and accurate list is not possible. District staff builds customized interfaces for many other applications. This is one reason access to the DB is critical.
Tab 14 of Attachment A indicates a need for a Special Education solution as an integrated piece of the new SIS. Will you confirm you are looking for a Special Education system as part of this implementation?
We are looking for one, although the decision to switch depends on the capabilities of the new system.
September 25, 2019
You said in your initial response that you have a standards-based report card for KG-4. I’m assuming that means that each of those grades has their own standards. In other words, even if the 2nd and 3rd grade report cards look the same in basic format, the specific standards included on each vary by grade level. Can you confirm that?
Yes, each group of standards will vary by grade level/subject area.
Will you need to have the ability to install new SIS releases in a QA environment before making them available to your regular users in the production environment?
Yes, we would want to try in QA first.